The telephone is one of the safest appliances in your home or office. There are, however, a few situations where a telephone user needs to be cautious.
- Use of the Telephone Near Water
The telephone should not be used while you are in the bathtub, shower, or pool. Immersion of the telephone or handset in water could cause electrical shock.
- Use of the Telephone During an Electrical Storm
You should avoid using a telephone during an electrical storm in your immediate area; calls of an urgent nature should be brief. There is a remote risk of a dangerous electrical shock from lightning when using the telephone during a nearby electrical storm.
- Use of the Telephone to Report a Gas Leak
Star Communications' Internet service can be a wonderful tool for your family's learning and enjoyment. When using the internet, following these guidelines will help keep your family safe:
- Never give out personal information such as your name, home address, phone number, or school name to anyone in a chat room or on a bulletin board.
- Remind your children to tell you immediately if something on the internet causes them to feel uncomfortable.
- Remember that people online may not be who they say they are. Be careful with business transactions as well as personal relationships that you develop online.